10 Initiatives for Employee Engagement
Introduction – What is Employee Engagement
Start here to assess your firm’s current level of employee engagement.
- HR Policy Evaluation Tool - Improve policies to be a more engaging place to work.
- Engagement Scorecard - Understand the team’s overall perception of the firm’s engagement.
Initiative #1 – Let Them See the Big Picture
- Creating a One Page Strategic Plan - Give team members the opportunity to contribute to the firm’s future direction.
- Moving To Greater Transparency PowerPoint Template - Showcase the entrepreneurial aspects of running the firm.
- Seeing the Big Picture Podcast
Initiative #2 – Get Them Involved
- Firm Competency Model (Career Ladder) – Provide a career progression path for employees that show what competencies are needed to advance.
- Balanced Scorecard Tool - Translate strategy into action by driving the firm’s strategic initiatives down to team member’s individual goals and objectives.
- Staff Development & Culture Firm inMotion Tools – Craft career development plans that focus on individual strengths and needs and are supported by mentoring and coaching.
- SMART Goal Planning Grid – Identify goals that are measurable and action oriented.
- Get Employees Involved Podcast
Initiative #3 – Standardize for Engagement
- Process Effect Form – Craft a concrete plan for process improvement.
- Standardize for Engagement Podcast
Initiative #4 – Remote Work
- Flexibility Toolkit –Embrace work arrangements that meet the changing needs of employees. Customize the policy template to fit your firm’s needs.
- Remote Team Building & Culture – Create a remote employee culture that is destined for success.
- Essential Habits for Working Remotely – Give remote employees essential tips for working remotely under a flexible work arrangement.
- Embrace Remote Work Arrangements Podcast
Initiative #5 – Community Involvement
- Community Service Questions – Use these sample questions to identify the right-fit organization for the firm to engage with.
- Community Service Tips – Explore these ideas to get started in community involvement.
- Culture of Community Podcast
Initiative #6 – Difficult Conversations
- Difficult Conversations Guide – Tackle difficult conversations with this how-to guidance.
- Dealing with Difficult People Podcast
Initiative #7 – Gratitude
- Intentional Gratitude Actions – Show gratitude to employees with these simple action ideas.
- The Gratitude Spotlight
- Foster a Culture of Gratitude Podcast
Initiative # 8 – Technology
- Use of Technology Firm inMotion Tools – Leverage technology to be a strategic enabler and a competitive advantage that employees are excited about.
- The Technology Connection Podcast
Initiative #9 – Work and Life Integration
- Work & Life Checklist – Help team members identify where they can better align work and life.
- Sabbatical Leave Toolkit - Implement a sabbatical strategy that is sustainable and good for the bottom line.
- Work and Life Integration Podcast
Initiative #10 – Learning Culture
- Learning Culture Action Plan – Develop a learning environment that keeps employees engaged.
- Organizational Team Learning Matrix Template – Identify, map and track the skills needed for each level in the firm.
- Embrace and Nurture Through Learning Podcast