Public accounting is a people business and retaining staff is a main concern for today’s CPA firms. It is only logical that our profession should demand the effective management and optimal development of our greatest asset, our team members. The Performance Management section of the PCPS Human Capital Center provides member firms with the learning, tools and resources necessary to establish performance measures and to compare the team members’ performance to these measures consistently. This section also helps the team understand how to set their goals, give and receive feedback and constructively manage poor performance. Refer to the Performance Management Implementation Action Plan as a guide for introducing this system to your firm.
Review and practice the learning guidance in this section to help you learn how to tie all of the related Performance Management pieces together.
Make use of the practical tools provided in this section to help every member of your team.
- Performance Management Implementation Action Plan
- Firm Competency Model
- Competency Self-Assessment Tool
- Performance Templates
- Sample Performance Management Goals
- Goal Setting Handout for Counselees
- Performance Management Briefing Presentation
- Performance Management Preparation for Counselees
- Performance Management Preparation for Counselors
- Upward Feedback
- Exit Interviews
- Performance Evaluation Form - Administrative Team
- Goal Setting Process – Administrative Team
- Goal Identification Form Sample – Administrative Assistant
- CPA Firm Competency Model – Administrative Team
Review the insightful articles in this section to help you learn more about Performance Management.