|Dear Center Members:
|On June 3, 2019, the new Data Collection Form (DCF or Form) and related instructions were released. This GAQC Alert informs you about the following:
|Background, Effective Date, and Access
The FAC has been working on preparing updates to the DCF and instructions for more than a year. This effort has involved several due process issuances that the GAQC previously commented on (see GAQC Alert #371 and GAQC Alert #358). The new Form is effective for fiscal period ending dates in 2019, 2020, and 2021 and should not be used for audits prior to these dates.
The Form, instructions, and updated IDES information are available on the FAC Web site on the Instructions and Documents page.
The following are the key changes included in the final Form and IDES:
Certain changes to the Form that had previously been proposed by the FAC were not adopted. Two areas that the GAQC had taken exception with in our comments were among the items removed and are as follows:
- Auditees will now have the option to generate a customizable schedule of expenditures of federal awards (SEFA) and related notes to the SEFA from IDES that could be included in the reporting package. Auditees will also be able to enter the federal award information and notes to the SEFA prior to the fiscal period end date and the audit work being conducted.
- IDES will now include an auditee Employer Identification Number edit check.
- Auditees will be required to transfer the text of the notes to the SEFA and their corrective action plans (CAPs) into the Form.
- Auditors will be required to transfer the text of audit findings into the Form.
- IDES will offer an optional worksheet-type function to assist in the transferring of text from audit findings and CAPs using an Excel template document that will be able to be downloaded, completed, and then uploaded.
- With regard to all text transferred into the Form by both auditees and auditors, the system will not allow for the transfer of charts and tables embedded within the original documents. Instead, preparers will have to include a notation within transferred text referring readers to the actual underlying note, CAP, or finding for relevant charts and tables.
- When a previous FAC submission is revised and resubmitted to the FAC, auditees will be required to indicate in IDES what has changed and the reason why. This information will also be part of the public database.
Upcoming Web Event
- The FAC has not included a new field to collect information about whether the auditor communicated to the auditee, in a written document(s), any issues that were not audit findings but warranted the attention of those charged with governance.
- Auditees will not be required to input the date the full, complete report was received from the auditor into the IDES so that federal agencies can track the 30-day aspect of the Uniform Guidance FAC submission due date requirement.
To help you understand the expected changes in the Supplement, the GAQC is hosting a GAQC Web event, 2019 Data Collection Form and Federal Audit Clearinghouse Update, on Thursday, June 20, 2019, from 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM (Eastern Time). It will include both staff of the FAC and two practitioners and will walk you through all of the key changes, as well as provide reminders on the importance of getting the DCF right and how to use the FAC database to improve your audit quality. Hope you can join us! Access registration information for both the CPE and no-CPE attendance options.
* * * * *
AICPA Governmental Audit Quality Center
|In This Alert
|Required Webcast Available
|The GAQC Web event, OMB Compliance Supplement and Single Audit Update, will be held on Wednesday, June 5, 2019, from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM (Eastern Time). Access registration information.
We welcome any suggestions or questions - please send them by e-mail at GAQC@aicpa.org.
Members of the Governmental Audit Quality Center (GAQC) may only reproduce and distribute GAQC Alerts internally within the firm or state audit organization (SAO) to other Center member firm/SAO personnel as part of the organizations' professional services. For information about permission to copy any part of these documents for redistribution or inclusion in other work, please click on the copyright notice below or phone the copyright permission hotline (919) 402-4031.
©2019 Association of International Certified Professional Accountants.
Online privacy policies and copyright information