Continuing Professional Education, Web Events and Conferences for Peer Reviewers
Qualifications and Training Requirements for Peer Reviewers
The Peer Review Board approved changes to reviewer qualifications for reviews that commence on or after December 31, 2015 and approved changes to reviewer training requirements for reviews that commence on or after May 1, 2016.
Current reviewer qualifications are described on the How To Become a Peer Reviewer page.
For details on the new training requirements, see the Peer Review Training section below.
Peer Review Training
The peer review training requirements and the criteria for demonstrating proficiency in the standards, interpretations, and guidance of the program is established from time to time by the AICPA Peer Review Board (Board). Follow the links below to view those criteria and training courses which have been approved by the Board.
In order to meet the requirement to possess current knowledge of professional standards applicable to the kind of practice to be reviewed, including quality control and peer review standards, all peer reviewers should:
- Obtain at least 40% of the AICPA required CPE in subjects relating to accounting, auditing, and quality control. Peer reviewers should obtain at least 8 hours in any 1 year and 48 hours every 3 years.
Download the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) related to the new Education Framework for Peer Reviewers
Report Acceptance Body (RAB) Member Training
- Register for the AICPA Introductory Report Acceptance Body Member Training Course. This CPE self-study course is designed to provide an overview of responsibilities of new RAB members and address peer review acceptance considerations, including recent changes in peer review guidance affecting the acceptance process.
- Register for the Peer Review RAB Update Course. This CPE self-study course, designed for RAB members, will provide an update on various topics related to the roles and responsibilities of RAB members.
Annual Peer Review Conference
- Save the date for the 2022 Peer Review Conference to be held from August 8-10, 2022 in St. Louis, Missouri at the Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark and online.
- Access the 2021 Peer Review Conference System Review case studies (with solutions), as well as the Engagement Review case studies (with solutions).
- Download a PDF file of the 2021 AICPA Peer Review Conference FAQs.
Peer Review Webcasts
- Join us for the second Peer Reviewer Forum on May 17, 2022, from 2-3pm ET, to discover the latest developments in peer review. Register for the Free (no CPE) Webcast or the Paid (CPE) Webcast.
- Register for the Are You Ready for Your Peer Review? webcast, to be held on May 11, 2022 from 1-4pm ET. Join us as we walk through the peer review process, the necessary elements of quality control and offer tips to help enhance the quality of your peer review.
- Access archived webcasts covering various peer review-related topics, updates and trainings.
Peer Review Public Seminars
- Attend live seminars sponsored by state CPA societies that cover peer review-related topics.