AICPA Store Quick Links
Continuing Professional Education, Web Events and Conferences for Peer Reviewers
Qualifications and Training Requirements for Peer Reviewers
The Peer Review Board approved changes to reviewer qualifications for reviews that commence on or after December 31, 2015 and approved changes to reviewer training requirements for reviews that commence on or after May 1, 2016.
Current reviewer qualifications are described on the How To Become a Peer Reviewer page.
For details on the new training requirements, see the Peer Review Training section below.
Peer Review Training
The peer review training requirements and the criteria for demonstrating proficiency in the standards, interpretations, and guidance of the program is established from time to time by the AICPA Peer Review Board (Board). Follow the links below to view those criteria and training courses which have been approved by the Board.
In order to meet the requirement to possess current knowledge of professional standards applicable to the kind of practice to be reviewed, including quality control and peer review standards, all peer reviewers should:
- Obtain at least 40% of the AICPA required CPE in subjects relating to accounting, auditing, and quality control. Peer reviewers should obtain at least 8 hours in any 1 year and 48 hours every 3 years.
Download the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) related to the new Education Framework for Peer Reviewers
Report Acceptance Body (RAB) Member Training
- Register for the AICPA Introductory Report Acceptance Body Member Training Course. This CPE self-study course is designed to provide an overview of responsibilities of new RAB members and address peer review acceptance considerations, including recent changes in peer review guidance affecting the acceptance process.
- Register for the Peer Review RAB Update Course. This CPE self-study course, designed for RAB members, will provide an update on various topics related to the roles and responsibilities of RAB members.
Annual Peer Review Conference
- Register for the 2023 Peer Review Conference that will be held on July 31 – August 2, 2023 in Philadelphia, PA at the Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown and online.
- Access the 2022 Peer Review Conference System Review case studies (including solutions) and Engagement Review case studies (including solutions).
- Download a PDF file of the 2022 AICPA Peer Review Conference FAQs.
- Download a PDF file of the 2022 AICPA Peer Review Conference Additional Questions and Answers From Session 09 AICPA Technical Hotline’s Top A&A Issues Facing CPAs.
Peer Review Webcasts
- Join us for the following Peer Review Forum webcasts to discover the latest developments in the world of peer review:
September 12, 2-3pm ET – Register for free (no CPE) or paid (CPE)
November 29, 2-3pm ET – Register for free (no CPE) or paid (CPE)
- Access archived webcasts covering various peer review-related topics, updates and trainings.
Peer Review Public Seminars
- Attend live seminars sponsored by state CPA societies that cover peer review-related topics.