LAS VEGAS (November 14, 2017) – The American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) is pleased to announce the 20 young CPAs who received the third annual Forensic and Valuation Services (FVS) Standing Ovation for significant contributions in their accounting specialty areas and in their communities. Recipients were honored today at the AICPA FVS Conference in Las Vegas.
“These energetic young CPAs are generating positive results in their practice areas and moving the accounting profession forward,” said Jeannette Koger, CPA, CGMA, the AICPA's Vice President of Advisory Services and Credentialing. “They are high performers in the specialty areas of forensic accounting and business valuation, and they provide exemplary service to their employers, peers, and communities.”
The 2017 AICPA FVS Standing Ovation recipients exhibit outstanding professional achievement in many ways, such as expanding the forensic and valuation services offerings within a firm, chairing a state CPA society, serving as Treasurer for a non-profit organization that combats homelessness, giving presentations at AICPA conferences, and serving as an expert witness in court. Additional examples include participating in outreach to university accounting programs, mentoring younger colleagues, and judging a university’s accounting student competition.
The 2017 list of FVS Standing Ovation recipients is in alphabetical order below:
• Howard Berkowitz, CPA, CFF, ABV, Berkeley Research Group, New York, NY
• Joshua Downey, CPA, ABV, SC&H Group, Sparks, MD
• Dan Etherton, CPA, ABV, Stout Risius Ross, Los Angeles, CA
• Bill Fellows, CPA, CFF, ABV, Deloitte, New York, NY
• Alexander Gershner, CPA, CFF, StoneTurn, New York, NY
• Jeremy Golnick, CPA, ABV, RSM US LLP, Dallas, TX
• Michael Haugen, CPA, CFF, HSNO Accountants, Scottsdale, AZ
• David Hern, CPA, ABV, Alvarez and Marsal, Suwanee, GA
• Lynsey Honegger, CPA ABV, Davis & Hosfield Consulting LLC, Chicago, IL
• Jessica Krushensky, CPA, CFF, Brinig Taylor Zimmer, Inc., San Diego, CA
• Frank Pina, CPA, CFF, Mercadien, Hamilton, NJ
• B. Steven Purdy, CPA, ABV, Aronson, LLC, Rockville, MD
• Graham Quast, CPA, CFF, MNP LLP, Edmonton, AB
• Avi Reichman, CPA, CFF, ABV, Frankel Reichman & Rizzo, Los Angeles, KY
• Marylee Robinson, CPA, CFF, Stout Risius Ross, Baltimore, MD
• Scott Romans, CPA, CFF, ABV, Enderle Besten Dieruf, PLLC, Lexington, KY
• Megan Thompson, CPA, CFF, ABV, Thompson Accounting, San Jose, CA
• Ben Towne, CPA, CFF, ABV, Towne Advisory, San Jose, CA
• Amy Yurish, CPA, CFF, Veris Consulting, Inc., Reston, VA
• Sacha Zadmehran, CPA, ABV, Hemming Morse, San Francisco, CA
A list of prior FVS members and CFF and ABV credential holders who have received awards and recognitions over the years is available on the AICPA’s FVS Awards and Recognition page.
In addition to business valuation and forensic accounting represented by the FVS Section, the Standing Ovation program also recognizes young CPAs who exhibit exemplary professional achievement in the areas of Personal Financial Planning (PFP) and Information Management and Technology Assurance (IMTA). The Standing Ovation nomination periods for holders of the AICPA’s PFP and IMTA specialty credentials are currently open.
Business partners or managers are encouraged to submit applications on behalf of nominees, and applicants also are permitted to self-nominate with an accompanying letter of recommendation from a partner or manager. Standing Ovation nominees must be age 40 or younger, and nominations may be submitted online.