Personal Financial Planning Resources for Students
With the increased demand and projected growth of personal financial planning services in areas such as estate, retirement, risk management and investments, CPAs are quite possibly the single most important decision makers for individuals and businesses, and it is time to realize that we do more than taxes. There is an entire profession of CPA financial planners dedicated to advising clients on the financial decisions that will impact every facet of their lives.
If you enjoy interacting with people, are good with numbers, have an interest in personal finance, like to have a positive impact on others and want to provide value-added and profitable services to your clients, a career as a CPA financial planner or CPA/Personal Financial Specialist (PFS) may be right for you.
Why Personal Financial Planning
- PFP is projected to grow twice as fast as the accounting profession (IBIS World 2014)
- 15% growth in need for advisors (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- $15 trillion in baby boomer wealth transfer over coming decades, greatly increasing the need for all areas of planning
- Increasing complex tax laws and regulations that CPAs understand.
- Full support of the AICPA in development of your PFP program.
- View current list of institutions participating in this program.
Video: How the next generation of the CPA profession can get into personal financial planning.
How To Become a CPA Financial Planner
Resources on accounting careers, finding accounting jobs, learning accounting skills, and more
5 Steps to a Career as a CPA Financial Planner
A vital community for young and aspiring CPAs to seek answers and advice
For questions or to sign up to receive AICPA’s PFP News to learn about news, resources, and events, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on:
Twitter: @AICPA | @YoungCPANetwork | @ThisWayToCPA | #AICPApfp
Facebook: YoungCPANetwork | ThisWayToCPA
LinkedIn: Young CPA Network | This Way to CPA | PFP Section Members