States have ramped up their methods for generating revenue in recent years and the pandemic has added more complexity with many employees working from home. In this episode of the PFP Section podcast, Lauren Minch interviews state tax expert and attorney Mark Klein to get his take on the following topics:
- When do employees need to beware of double state taxation?
- Are there exceptions to the rules due to the pandemic?
- What can an employer do to keep track and make good business decisions?
Access resources related to this podcast: Note: If you’re using a podcast app that does not hyperlink to the resources, visit http://pfplanning.libsyn.com/ to access show notes with direct links.
- Learn in depth with Mark Klein in his session at the PFP event at AICPA ENGAGE.
- Get more on the latest planning ideas in our Proactive Planning Toolkit.
- Hear from Steve Siegel on changing domicile in today’s environment.
This episode is brought to you by the AICPA’s Personal Financial Planning Section, the premier provider of information, tools, advocacy and guidance for professionals who specialize in providing tax, estate, retirement, risk management and investment planning advice. Also, by the CPA/PFS credential program, which allows CPAs to demonstrate competence and confidence in providing these services to their clients. Visit us online at www.aicpa.org/pfp to join our community, gain access to valuable member-only benefits or learn about our PFP certificate program.
Subscribe to the PFP Podcast channel at Libsyn to find all the latest episodes or search “AICPA Personal Financial Planning” on your favorite podcast app.