About the Expert Panel
The Employee Benefit Plans Expert Panel serves the needs of AICPA members on financial and business reporting and audit and attest matters. The expert panel protects the public interest by bringing together knowledgeable parties in the employee benefit plans industry to deliberate and come to agreement on key employee benefit plans issues.
Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center
To help CPAs meet the challenges of performing quality audits in this unique and complex area, the AICPA has established the Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center, a firm-based voluntary membership center for firms that audit employee benefit plans
Expert Panel Projects
Past Meeting Highlights
The Employee Benefit Plan expert panel currently does not make publicly available minutes and highlights from their past meetings.
FinREC Proposes New ASC 606 Guidance Related to the Applicability of FASB ASC 606, Revenue from Contracts with Customers, to Employee Benefit Plans
FinREC has issued a working draft of an accounting implementation paper to be included in the AICPA Audit and Accounting Guide, Employee Benefit Plans, to clarify the applicability of FASB ASC 606, Revenue Recognition, to employee benefit plans. The comment period ends July 12, 2021.
Melinda Nolen, Manager, Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center
Members of the Expert Panel
- Josephine Hammond (Chair), RSM US LLP
- Jennifer Allen, Crowe LLP
- Darlene Bayardo, BDO USA, LLP
- Kimberly Carl-Cooke, Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Jason Eddy, Grant Thornton LLP
- Cathleen Finneran, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Judith Goldberg, Ernst & Young
- Katy Long, Sikich LLP
- Jayme Malimban, Johnson Lambert LLP
- Stacy Meyer, CliftonLarsonAllen LLP
- Jodi Schmidt, KPMG LLP
- Calvin Upton, Briggs & Veselka Co.
- Tiffany White, Clark, Schaefer, Hackett & Co.
- Tiana Wynn, SB & Company LLC